Our Daily Bread - I'm Stuffed!

#1 The request: "Give us this day our daily bread." -Matthew 6:11
#2 The answer: "...your Father knows what you need before you ask him." -Matthew 6:8

August 5 - First day of home school in the Smith house.
September 3 - Breaking point.  I almost made it a whole month! :)

It happens...I get tired, overwhelmed, a little stressed, and a lot discouraged.  I want to quit.
This was the day before our new home school co-op with the Rays for Christ group was set to start.  We hadn't even had our first day yet and I was already planning how I was going to drop out next semester.  Bad.

On top of that I was thinking of our ever present financial woes.  You know how people always say kids are expensive?  Yes, 'tis true.  And let me take this moment to say that the next person who says to me, "It's just $5 a kid!" is going to get a major stink eye from me.  ;)  Anyway...

When it all piles up like this I realize it's time to just lay it all down.  (It would be easier to just continually lay it down, and I try, but sometimes it piles up fast, and I forget.)  So, how do I lay it down?  I pray.
"Give us this day our daily bread."
Simple.  Complete.  Freedom.

The next day I wake the kids up, turn a loaf of bread into pb&j's, and head out for Rays Co-op Day 1.

My daily bread was waiting for me.  Not a bucket of money, or an extended spa vacation, but pure, sweet fellowship with others of "my kind".  We worshiped, we talked, we all took a little of the load, and I found the fuel I needed to keep my engine going.

The Lord new that a fat check or a get-away weekend would not have fed my soul like this special time with other believers who are walking the same narrow line as me.  He knows before we ask, and His answer is always good.
 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! -Matthew 7:11
His bread is good, His Spirit is filling.
13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. -Romans 15:13
I'm stuffed!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big, Fat Failure

Meal Planning - Conquered!

A Reminder: My take-away from a day in the Pilates and yoga world.