A Pep Talk

#1 God hears
#2 God cares

As I was slowly rolling toward bed last night I was praying to God.
I was praying for a pep talk.
I wanted to quit...just quit.
I knew I needed encouragement...from somewhere.

The answer:

A good, strange day.
I was so busy...ran long, went to Bible study, drove the kids to and fro, dropped stuff at the consignment sale, etc...and I really didn't talk to anyone more than a sentence or two (except for the children, which is nonstop). 
Weird...not talking to anyone, I mean...it was strange that I hadn't.  None of the few sentences that were spoken were meaningful either.  (Well, the conversations with the kids were meaningful, but not in the "pep talk" way I needed.  And my dad did text "your almost there" when I told him about my run, which was nice. But that was the extent of my conversations.)

The Lord decided to give me a pep talk straight from Him today, and I'm glad:

I heard just what I needed at Bible study.  From Isaiah 12:
“Behold, God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid;
For the Lord God is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation.”
That was all I needed...and to top it off the chapter goes on to say:
 Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name.
Make known His deeds among the peoples;
Make them remember that His name is exalted.”
 
The Lord reminded me of my purpose...my mission.  To "make known His deeds" to those around me...to "make them remember that His name is exalted."

Then he gave me a breath of fresh air...when we got in the car one of my favorite song was playing:
 
 
And then...just to seal the deal...He let me have a moment to sit in the sunshine, in the grass!  I love sitting in the grass, but our grass is loaded with ants so it doesn't happen.  The Lord knows these things about us, so while we were out and waiting for King to finish run club, I soaked it in.  Thank you Lord...it's the smallest gifts that can mean so much!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big, Fat Failure

A Reminder: My take-away from a day in the Pilates and yoga world.

Meal Planning - Conquered!