Peace?? You mean that's possible??

#1 God answers prayer.
#2 You just never know how the answer will come.

PEACE

We've been hearing a lot about peace at Crossroads Baptist lately.  Pastor Brandon has been teaching from Colossians 3 on the "roots of peace"* and the Lord's been very challenging me.

I have peace...I mean, I know where I'm going when I die, and I've learned the hard way to trust Christ to provide for all my needs.

BUT, like other things in life (running being a major one) I like to take things to the next level.

I wanted to have God's peace at a new level in my life.

SO, I started praying for it. I didn't know how the answer would come because I really didn't know exactly what I was praying for. I knew my house would still be filled with loud, easily excited children, and I knew that I would still spend my days in piles of laundry, dishes, and dirty diapers, but I was hoping for a new, overwhelming peace to be in my heart.

I was also hoping for a day of rest. (Ha!)

I've been reading through Luke this month and in 11:9-13 Jesus says, "Everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it shall be opened." He goes on to say that just as we "being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?"

So, I kept asking. 

This last week at church the challenge increased. The Lord challenged me with Colossians 3:13:
12 So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you.
The people I have to "bear with" are, of course, my children.  I don't always do a good job here, but when put in the perspective of how the Lord bears with me it actually makes it a little easier. 

I started putting this thought process into action, and continued to pray!

Surprise! 

The answer came yesterday.  It slid in undetected.  I didn't know it was coming, but I welcomed it with open arms!

After a hectic Monday, I awoke to a lazy Tuesday.  There was an unexplained peace throughout the house.  (Well, partially unexplained...Crockett was sick and did a lot of napping.  I felt bad for him, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a nice break.)  I still had to feed the kids, change some diapers, and do some dishes, but it all felt lighter.  I did ignore the laundry, and I was caught in my pajamas by someone at the door at 11:30!  [Though wearing pajamas all day is an option when you homeschool I generally try to apply the Flylady's teachings and actually get dressed every morning...though shoes are optional :)]  So, it was a different kind of day...a good day.

I kept waiting for the peace to be interrupted but it never was.  Even this morning the peace continues.  I was tempted to try and repeat yesterday but by God's providence I received this devotional in an email this morning:  Our Heavenly Appointment by Charles Stanley, with a lesson from Matthew 25:14-30

It was a gentle reminder to GET BACK TO WORK!

Praying that the peace continues in my heart.  I pray it's in your heart too!

Don't forget to keep asking.  The Lord wants to give you His good gifts.

*"Roots of Peace" sermons aren't there yet, but should be some day soon...maybe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big, Fat Failure

Meal Planning - Conquered!

Run Free