"Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!"

#1 The title of this post is inspired by The Penultimate Peril (A Series of Unfortunate Events #12) by Lemony Snicket.
#2 It's also the best way to describe some bits and pieces of life in general.

Homeschooling - "Wrong!"

Our first day of homeschool was the worst by far.  Everything about it was wrong.  It started with one kid in tears, and ended the same way except a different kid.  If my hubby hadn't been home for backup I would've been the one crying in my bedroom.  I was ready to run to our nearest public school and call it quits all together.

This isn't the first bad day we've had, of course, and I'm 100% sure it won't be the last.  I've considered other options plenty of times, but I know, that I know, that this is where the Lord wants me right now.   If nothing else, it keeps me leaning on Him...everyday...all day long.

Running - "Wrong!"

The first training run for my fall half-marathon was just ridiculous.  I felt like I was carrying two lead balloons where my gluteus maximus should have been.  Some sassy girl inside me was pointing a finger in my face saying, "I told you to put the Oreos down!"  My mind was off...I was pretty sure I didn't even want to run anymore at all, and that I would rather just be fat and happy.  It was so wrong.

Once again, this wasn't my first bad run, and of course it won't be the last.  I will keep running as long as I'm able, because even if a run is torturous, and painful, and defeating, I never, ever regret it.  I always come away a little stronger in mind and body.  It's definitely a strange gift the Lord's given me.

Husband at home - kinda "Wrong!"

Now, I only write this because IV and I are in complete agreement that his being at home, in between jobs, is wrong!  It is helpful at times, like homeschool day one (see above), and when he unexpectedly takes the kids to the park so I can have a break, and because I really just like being with him.  However, he's got so many ideas, plans, and so much willingness to work that he can't be contained in the house.  Also, it's sometimes challenging when we don't communicate clearly, as when he tells the kids to clean up when I've told them they can play with Lottie's new Lego set. It complicates things.

This is not a surprise to us, with IV in and out of different deployments in the past we knew the transition home would bring challenges.  Of course, we don't want him to leave the country again, but the wait for a job to be secured isn't very easy either.  We keep reminding each other that the Lord provides, and we're praying that He'll put IV where He wants him.   

Three "Wrongs!" make a right???

When so much seems just plain wrong in life it's easy to feel like you're screwing it all up.  I've felt like a big, fat failure more times than I can count, but while I was on that really wrong run the other day the Lord reminded me of the importance of recalling what the Lord has done for us in the past.  Psalm 13 is one of my favorites because it starts out with such despair but then ends in hope:
13 How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever?
How long will You hide Your face from me?
How long shall I take counsel in my soul,
Having sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long will my enemy be exalted over me?
Consider and answer me, O Lord my God;
Enlighten my eyes, or I will sleep the sleep of death,
And my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,”
And my adversaries will rejoice when I am shaken.
But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness;
My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord,
Because He has dealt bountifully with me.
 
So, when things are all wrong I've learned to count my blessings 1000 times over, and keep trusting in God, because:
17 Though the fig tree should not blossom
And there be no fruit on the vines,
Though the yield of the olive should fail
And the fields produce no food,
Though the flock should be cut off from the fold
And there be no cattle in the stalls,
18 Yet I will exult in the Lord,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation. 
Habakkuk 3:17-18





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big, Fat Failure

A Reminder: My take-away from a day in the Pilates and yoga world.

Meal Planning - Conquered!