"The Bunny and the Frog": How It's Done

#1 A retelling of a familiar story also known as The Tortoise and the Hare.
#2 Lottie's version was slightly more entertaining.
#3 The moral remained the same.
(We'll come back to this.)

"How do you do it?"

I get asked that question a lot. 

My top 3 answers:
1. God's grace. (This is the truth.)
2. I've gone crazy. (Seems very true at times.)
3. I don't know. (Not true.)

Really, I could ask a lot of you the same thing...

The truth is the same for all of us...we choose our priorities (whether it's a conscious decision or not, the choice is made), we make a plan (or choose not to plan at all), and we take action (or, once again, choose not to act at all).

Priorities:
My daily priorities are simple:  I want to spend time in the Word and in prayer, I want to get in a workout/run, I want to be a helper to my husband, I'm going to try and pour some good "learnin'" into my kids, and I want to keep my home in livable condition. :)

Plans - 3 Factors that I always keep in mind when I'm planning:

1.  You just never know what tomorrow will bring:

"Do not boast about tomorrow, For you do not know what a day may bring forth" (Proverbs 27:1).

2.  All of our plans are subject to the Lord's plans for us:

"The mind of man plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps" (Proverbs 16:9).
 
3.  And, if you're a follower of Christ, it helps to remember that even when all of our plans seem to fall apart that the Lord's still got it under control:
 
"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28).
 
Action:
Back to "The Bunny and the Frog"
 
In the story of The Tortoise and the Hare slow and steady wins the race, right?  Right.  It's like that.
 
I think it's the little things we do, and especially the things we set our minds on (Colossians 3:1-3) everyday, continually, that will bear fruit in our lives.  You just have to decide which way you're going and what kind of fruit it will be:

13 Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14 For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.15 “Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? 17 So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 So then, you will know them by their fruits.21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness' (Matthew 7:13-23). 
 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23).

So, this is my goal.

Though some days it seems like a long, lonely road, and a lot of times I choose fast and furious instead of slow and steady, and I never can get it all right all the time...

...this is "how I do it."

Thus, it is indeed by God's grace alone. 

 
How do you do it?
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big, Fat Failure

A Reminder: My take-away from a day in the Pilates and yoga world.

Meal Planning - Conquered!