A Permanent Vacation

#1 My family is my work.
#2 My family is my vacation.
#3 My work = my vacation????

"Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."
Colossians 3:17
This is one of the verses I have to have in my mind and heart when I re-enter the homeschool scene after a week away.  I haven't exactly been on vacation lately but I did spend some extra time in Tennessee with my family for my Papaw's funeral.  The whole family gathered to say goodbye and to honor him.  He was dearly loved by all.  The kids and I spent the whole time soaking in the love.
When it was time to come home, I was sad to leave my family and the restful pace I take when I'm there.  (There are a lot of helping hands that make this possible. :) )  I miss Tennessee.  It seems like I miss it more now that we're planning to settle in Georgia for a while longer.  That's the way things go though. 
As I was talking to IV about it, and going over my theoretical options, I knew that I just needed to suck it up.  Suck it up, and "do [my] work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men" (Colossians 3:23).

That's hard to do.
Thankfully, the Lord is good at encouraging me. When I read this devotional, The Blessings of Inadequacy, He reminded me that when I feel inadequate I need to rely on His power, not my own.
"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ,"
2 Corinthians 2:14
So, if I lean on His power, and do all things in His name, then the rest should be easy, right???

It's never easy, and the word promises that there will be persecution (2 Timothy 3:12).  Just remember...there is more to the story:
"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us."
Romans 8:18

But until then, I will do my best to make everyday a little more vacation-like.  Vacation to me is being surrounded with love and peace, and getting a little rest and enjoying the outdoors.  I know I can get all these things on a daily basis. 

Therefore, my family is my work, and it is my vacation.  Everyday.

A permanent vacation.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big, Fat Failure

Meal Planning - Conquered!

A Reminder: My take-away from a day in the Pilates and yoga world.