#2 If you home school, or are considering home schooling, then this information is for you.
Click the heading to go to the RAYS for Christ website.
There are two components to RAYS for Christ.
First, there's the support group.
On the website you will find the purpose of this support group:
Purpose of Group:
- To glorify and honor our Lord, Jesus Christ.
- To edify, build-up and support one another in Christ.
- To assist in development and preservation of the purpose and vision of the homeschooling lifestyle.
- To provide opportunities for spiritual development collectively and individually.
- Create a close knit, family oriented group that is there to befriend and support one another.
- To represent the homeschool community in a manner that honors Jesus Christ.
- To keep the group informed of any pertinent homeschool current events such as seminars, conferences, and legal issues.
- To provide an atmosphere for exchange of teaching techniques and curriculum information.
- To maintain a pool of homeschool resources for members use.
- To provide family socials, educational field trips, and group activities.
- To promote public awareness of home education and reach out to the Christian community.
There's a forum for different types of information and questions.
There's a calendar, which lists all the upcoming field trips and events.
There's a link to the RAYS for Christ email address where you can go for any additional information.
The great thing about this group is that you can do as little or as much as you want. The only requirements are a small yearly fee ($25) and that you come up with one idea for a field trip. (This is not as intimidating as it sounds...if there's a field trip you would like to take your kids on then just invite the group to go with you. I invite the group to my kids' art class at WildArt Studios once a month. Easy.)
Second, there's the co-op.
This is the first year for the co-op, and it's going really well! The future looks bright!
Purpose of CO-OP
We, RAYS4CHRIST Co-op (RAYS CO-OP) are a division of Rays4Christ Support group. We are a Christ-centered community that works together to provide a variety of educational and enrichment classes for our home-schooling families in a safe and loving environment that follows the Classical Education Model in a collaborative and kinesthetic fashion. We co-labor with each other and God to achieve excellence by serving each other through our strengths.
“As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the
manifold grace of God.” (1 Peter 4:10)
The co-op meets at my home church, Crossroads Baptist in Social Circle every Thursday.
Our first open house is March 12, 9 am - 3:30 pm. Anyone interested can come and observe the classes and see if it might be a good fit for their family. There will be a chance to register at the open house also.
If you think you're ready to jump right in this is a good time to do it. Our second semester officially begins on January 22.
If this post has at least sparked your interest in home schooling or the RAYS for Christ group then click on over to the website to begin your exploration: www.rays4christ.org
This group has been a true gift from God to me. Maybe it could be the same for you.
Now a little funny:
Home-schoolers rock. :)