How Big is God?: notes to myself (part 4)

How Big is God?
notes to myself


We obviously won't be able to answer this question.
Job 11:7
"Can you discover the depths of God? Can you discover the limits of the Almighty?"
 
 
 
 
 
 
Unsearchable
He's unsearchable and unfathomable.
Romans 11:33  Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!
 
The Word
This includes His Son, Jesus (aka "the Word).
John 1:1-3 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

 
I AM
He just IS.
Exodus 3:14  God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
 
Life
And His Son IS too.
John 5:26 "For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself;


 
Owns the world
The whole world is His.
Psalm 50:7-12  7 "Hear, O My people, and I will speak; O Israel, I will testify against you; I am God, your God. 8 "I do not reprove you for your sacrifices, And your burnt offerings are continually before Me. 9 "I shall take no young bull out of your house Nor male goats out of your folds. 10 "For every beast of the forest is Mine, The cattle on a thousand hills. 11 "I know every bird of the mountains, And everything that moves in the field is Mine. 12 "If I were hungry I would not tell you, For the world is Mine, and all it contains.
 
Made it all
He made it all.
Acts 17:24-25  24 "The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; 25 nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things;
 
Holds it all
He's big enough to hold all things.
Romans 11:36  For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.

 
Uncontainable
But He Himself cannot be contained.
1Kings 8:27  "But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain You, how much less this house which I have built!

 
Unsearchable
He's unsearchable.
Psalm 145:3 Great is the LORD, and highly to be praised, And His greatness is unsearchable.
 
Infinite
He fills up all time.
Isaiah 43:10  "You are My witnesses," declares the LORD, "And My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me.
 
Higher than all
He's higher in every way.
Isaiah 55:8-9  8 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD. 9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.
 
Rules over all
He rules over all.
Psalm 103:19  The LORD has established His throne in the heavens, And His sovereignty rules over all.
 
Unquestionable
He's too big to be questioned.
Daniel 4:34-35  34 "But at the end of that period, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever; For His dominion is an everlasting dominion, And His kingdom endures from generation to generation. 35 "All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, But He does according to His will in the host of heaven And among the inhabitants of earth; And no one can ward off His hand Or say to Him, 'What have You done?'
 
Overwhelming
He overwhelms the earth's rulers and judges.
Isaiah 40:23 He it is who reduces rulers to nothing, Who makes the judges of the earth meaningless.

 
Unstoppable
He's big enough to see His plan to the end.
Isaiah 46:8-11 8 "Remember this, and be assured; Recall it to mind, you transgressors. 9 "Remember the former things long past, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, 'My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure'; 11 Calling a bird of prey from the east, The man of My purpose from a far country. Truly I have spoken; truly I will bring it to pass. I have planned it, surely I will do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big, Fat Failure

Meal Planning - Conquered!

Run Free