Piecing the Puzzle

#1 I have officially broken my new year's resolution to write every week.
#2 I do have a good excuse though... If there is such a thing.

My friend Wendy asked me to teach the main sessions of the upcoming retreat with her group of college girls from church.

I was immediately excited, and nervous, at the opportunity.

Since then a couple of people have asked me about what I'm going teach on and about how it's coming together.

My answer is that it's coming together a lot like my blog posts do...One piece at a time.

Like the pieces of a puzzle.

Right now, I have about half the picture...an idea spurred by a discussion in Bible study, a lesson I taught to my highschool life group, a mixture of scriptures and passages, and one big conviction.

I'm heading to camp this week with the youth group from our church and I'm hoping and praying for a more complete picture.

The conviction I'm facing is going to require a change of heart that only the Lord can give me...really praying for this.

BUT, there's one thing I've learned...the surest way to better yourself is to forget yourself...

Die to the flesh, live my the Spirit:

"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do." - Galatians 5:16‭-‬17


A week at camp serving as a chaperone to a big bunch of youths should do the soul good.

Lord, I need you...we all do!

...More to come. 😊

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Big, Fat Failure

Meal Planning - Conquered!

Run Free