How to Make the Most of Being Stranded on a Country Road with Kids (and Thrive!)
- Try not to be too surprised when something falls out from under your truck and the power steering goes out.
- Pull over.
- Then go find that thing that fell out.
- Pray again.
- Accept all help offered.
- Slowly cover the mile to their house.
- Unload kids and cookies.
- Wave to husband as he drives off with farmer angel to find parts.
- Let kids eat cookies, drink soda offered by angel wife, and play with random abandoned toys.
- Mention Easter eggs and then sit back as angel wife pulls out Easter eggs and kids are entertained for another hour with egg hunt after egg hunt.
- Wave to husband as he and farmer angel pull in with some parts and then as they leave again for one more.
When farmer angel's son comes back with part:
- Praise God.
- Pack it up.
- Say thank you in every manner possible and wave good bye to farmer angel and angel wife.
- Not a bad way to spend a sunny afternoon in South Carolina.
- Lesson learned: Get a new truck??? Nah! (Well,maybe.:) ) But really, it's what the farmer angel said, "Just treat people the way you'd want to be treated." Hmm....Sounds familiar.
- God ALWAYS provides.