I'm sick of you...yeah, you.

#1 Well, maybe it's not you.
#2 But if it is, I'm not sorry.

Have you ever said, "I just can't memorize Scripture"?  (I'm sure you had SO many good reasons.)
If so, then I'm talking to you.

I want you to know that you CAN...you just have to WANT TO.  It's all about priorities, right?

It being a brand new year I suggest you add Scripture memorization to your list of resolutions.

Why?

Here's some ideas to get you started or to help you if you're stunted:
  • Grab the verse(s) you'd like to memorize and a piece of fruit (I had half a grapefruit)...slice it up then read your verse.  Eat a bite of fruit then read your verse again.  Continue doing this, trying to say more and more without looking after each bite (and after you swallow :) ).  You'll probably have it memorized by the time you finish, but if not repeat the next day!  [This will help you with that "eat healthy" resolution too. :)]
  • Read here for a way to combine Scripture memory with your workout. (Same idea as with the fruit, but read the verse between sets of lunges, bicep curls, etc.)  [This will also help with that "exercise more" resolution. :)]
  • Really you can apply this to any part of your day.  Plan ahead.  You can do it!
OK, I'm really not that sick of you, but I do hate to see people not do something just because it's challenging. 

The Bible says, "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." (Phil. 4:13) 
Now memorize that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big, Fat Failure

Meal Planning - Conquered!

Run Free