#2 Sometimes, though, no one really learns anything...we just trudge through a slop of bad attitudes.
#3 The only way to change this is to get to the heart of the Mother...
Mothers Need Jesus
We're on the countdown to summer. The countdown to any break from school is always exciting, but it's usually the most tiresome, nerve-wrecking, patience-testing, final-10k-of-a-marathon-painful time!
This is where the bad attitudes come in and the learning goes out.
The chain of events:
- Mom and kids get excited about summer break.
- Mom and kids get in a hurry to get school work done.
- Mom and kids get frustrated because it seems like the work is never-ending.
- Kids complain, Mom fusses.
- Repeat #4 again and again with mounting tension and frustration.
- Mom breaks, kids give up.
- Mom feels like a failure, kids think Mom is kind of a freak.
- Throw in the normal life stresses - schedules, finances, etc. - and you've got yourself a real mess!
He sees us in our need.
He feeds us in our times of want.
He KNOWS we're failures...that's why He sent JESUS! (Duh. How could Mom forget this?!)
And it comes in the most subtle, unexpected way...the breath of air I've been gasping for...
From The Jesus Storybook Bible account of Jesus choosing the twelve disciples that I was reading to my class at homeschool co-op this morning:
"Because the people God uses don't have to know a lot of things, or have a lot of things - they just have to need him a lot."
"NEED HIM A LOT"
Yep, that's me.
Thank you Jesus.
He can still use me!
23 Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.