Resting

Last week: I ran, ran, ran, worked, worked, worked, hustled by fanny all over the place, and got (almost) all my to-do's done.

This week: I'm doing as little as possible.

Sometimes it's nice to take a break. 

Simplification is a popular trend amongst some these days, but it seems that a lot of people make this "simplification" so darn complicated. 

We've still been doing our school work around here, still been going to basketball, still been doing laundry and "clean-up time," still been putting three meals on the table everyday. 

So, what's the difference?

When I've felt tired, I've sat down.

When I needed to do something, I got up and did it slowly and smoothly right away so I wouldn't be rushed and hurried later.

I haven't been working out or running, which I've missed, but does free up a lot of time for me.

I did go for a walk with Ace.  That was nice.

I did skip out on a few things in order to take care of a few more important things, but I was able to plan ahead for that.  Planning ahead is always nice...unless, of course, things don't go as we plan. 

It's at those times that I've learned to just give it a big, "Oh, well."

Proverbs 16:9
That's simple enough for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big, Fat Failure

Meal Planning - Conquered!

A Reminder: My take-away from a day in the Pilates and yoga world.