How to De-Slump Yourself

#1 You can take this seriously.
#2 Because it can seriously happen to anyone!

Things to do if you ever find yourself in a slump.  (That's where I found myself yesterday.)  And by "slump," I mean spiritually, emotionally, physically TIRED!

Preparation:
  • Prevent the slump:
  1. Spend time in prayer and in God's Word regularly.  (I slept in yesterday, which is not always bad, but when I sleep in I have to designate the time to stop and pray...I did not.)
  2. Eat a good breakfast. (I had a single slice of banana bread, which is also not bad, but I should have had a scrambled egg along with it...think protein!)
  3. Keep your workout balanced.  (I'd run a lot last week and had a good race on Saturday, but I had stretched minimally, which equalled a super tight back for me.)
Once you find yourself slumped:
  • Stop. Find a quiet spot, even if you just have to imagine it's quiet, and pray.  Read a passage.  Rest your mind for just a moment (or a while).  (I like getting Moody's "Today in the Word" devotions by email for days when I don't have a set Bible Study planned.)
  • Eat.  Sit down and eat something healthy.  (I had leftover chicken and rice, but even a pb&j will help...Try whole grain bread, natural peanut butter, and Smucker's fruit spread.)
  • Stretch.  Try Pilates, or the stretches of your choice.  (I can always tell when I haven't done Pilates in a while.  I did this workout on Netflix: Crunch - Pick Your Spot Pilates. - {If you're a Netflix member you can see it here.}  Lottie, Ace, and Duke did it with me...Crockett just crawled all over me. :) )
Assess:
  • Hopefully, you feel a little better, a little more energized, and a little less like crawling back into bed and wallowing in self-pity.  (I know I did!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big, Fat Failure

A Reminder: My take-away from a day in the Pilates and yoga world.

Meal Planning - Conquered!